In Case you Missed It:
Important Dates and Deadline Extensions
March 30, 2020
- The deadline to pay Philadelphia Real Estate Taxes has been extended from March 31, 2020 until April 30, 2020.
- The City of Philadelphia has granted an extension for filing and payments of Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT) and Net Profits Tax (NPT) until July 15, 2020.
- Non-resident employees based in Philadelphia are not subject to the Philadelphia Wage Tax during the time they have been ordered to work outside of Philadelphia.
- The Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment is extending certain filing deadlines, including appeals from refusals, appeals of referrals, and appeals against actions of L&I. All filing deadlines from March 13th onward are extended indefinitely, until further notice.
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has extended the deadline to file personal income tax returns and pay personal income taxes until July 15, 2020.
- The deadline for older adults and Pennsylvania residents with disabilities to apply for rebates on rent and property taxes paid in 2019 has been extended from June 30, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2020.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Revenue is extending all business tax licenses and certifications that are set to expire until further communication is received from the department. This extension applies to:
- Sales, Use and Hotel Occupancy tax licenses
- Public Transportation Assistance (PTA) Fund taxes and fees
- Small Games of Chance Manufacturer Certificates
- Sales Tax Exemption Certificates
Please contact Zarwin Baum DeVito Kaplan Schaer & Toddy, P.C.’s Commercial Department with any questions regarding business taxes.
Gary A. DeVito
Kenneth J. Fleisher
Gary A. Zlotnick
Dawn M. Tancredi
Originally published by Zarwin and Baum et. al.
To view all of our updates, please visit our COVID-19 Resource Center
Zarwin Baum DeVito Kaplan Schaer Toddy, P.C.